Oral Assessment, Dental Cleaning, Scaling and Polishing at IHPH
What is included?
- Anesthesia Service: includes injectable anesthesia induction, the introduction of an Endo-tracheal tube to provide an unobstructed airway for gaseous anesthesia maintenance and support. Our patients are electronically monitored for cardiovascular and respiratory functions. This service includes transportation to our recovery area and monitoring cardiac and respiratory functions until your pet has fully recovered from the effects of anesthesia.
- Dentistry Service includes tooth by tooth assessment of periodontal health, measurement and recording of periodontal pockets of infection or bone reabsorbing.
- Ultrasonic Scaling and Polishing of Teeth to remove hard calculus present, polishing with dental abrasive to remove soft calculus ad eliminate ridges where new calculus may quickly reform. All periodontal pockets are flushed with antibiotic solution and application of dental fluoride to harden and protect dental enamel.
- After we finish the procedure, we furnish you and your pet a Dental Report Card that details the oral health of your pet
Additional Services That May Be Recommended (on a case by case basis)
- Pre-anesthetic bloodwork panel: Evaluating your pet’s bloodwork prior to the procedure, helps us determine if there are any conditions that may pose risks to your pet when being anesthetized. This service is optional but highly recommended.
- Dental Radiographs (X Rays): We take radiographs of the entire mouth to find problem areas such as bone loss, cysts, tumors, bone infection, retained teeth and fractured teeth. Since 60 percent of the symptoms are hidden beneath the gum line, dental radiographs are often necessary and highly recommended.